Questions about Call?
- Upper level in-house with PGY1 resident for the entire first year
- 1st year: no 24-hour call
- 2nd year: 2 week night float 3 times per year, 6-8 24-hour in-house calls per year
- 3rd year: no night float, 6-8 24-hour in-house calls per year
Questions about the Family Medical Center (FMC).
- Attendings see patients after the PGY1 resident for the first six months
- 1st year: 1-2 half days/week; 6-8 patients/day
- 2nd year: 2-5 half days/week; 9-11 patients/day
- 3rd year: 3-7 half days/week; 11-13 patients/day
Questions about the Family Medicine Inpatient Service.
- Admit to UK Good Samaritan Hospital and to UK Chandler Hospital
- Average daily census of 12 patients; approximately 75 admissions/month
- Admit patients daily: all FMC patients, community physician referrals, and the first unassigned patient from UK ED
Questions about Food.
- Meal money provided in resident monthly paycheck
Questions about Education.
- Wednesday Didactic Conferences
- Journal Club
- Board Review materials available
Questions about Moonlighting.
- Numerous opportunities in PGY2 and PGY3 (average $50-$100/hour)